Monday, June 30, 2008

Prayer...

I learned something cool about prayer today. Libby has been interviewing for jobs lately and it seemed so hopeful that she would get the job in Alexandria, they were very misleading with her. But for some reason, God closed that door for her. I kept trying to be positive reassuring her that we will look back and be thankful that this didn't work out. There is a position waiting for her that God specifically put in place just for her. Well, I'll let Libby tell all the job story, here's the God story. She had her interview today at 5 and I came home and began to pray for her. I opened my bible to James 4 where it says, "You do not have because you do not ask". I felt so real with God in that moment and I even said that I know you are a sovereign God and you know my heart, but God, give her this job (it wasn't really a question). I'm not asking for the sake of her paycheck or for some shallow reason, I'm asking for Libby to have her dreams come true to be a teacher, a teacher in an incredible school. Throughout the time I was asking God to make this the place, give her the job, give this to her....I felt an incredible peace. The day Libby found out that it wasn't going to work in Alexandria, my chiropractor said that Daleville would be an awesome school for her, it's a 4 star school and there are not many at all in Indiana!! This was all before we knew Alexandria didn't work out. So as I look back, I see God just took us on a journey. Not getting Alexandria brought us closer together, brought me closer in my prayer with God. The whole thing just shows God's hands in our lives!! Pretty cool, huh?

Well, folks, she found out tonight at 9:30 that Daleville wants her to be one of their fifth grade teachers this year! She took the job with confidence and such excitement! Thank you, God, for hearing our prayers!

Read James 4 and know that God wants to bless you, but what are your motives for asking? Libby is going to be such a blessing to that school and impact so many lives. I'm excited and so blessed.

-Gabe

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Libby! You are going to be an amazing teacher and I know the Lord will bless you in your efforts to teach and love on kids! Gabe...thanks for the reminder that God has a plan for each of us! You two are the best!!
Michelle

Kristen said...

THAT IS SO AMAZING! I love that story and I love that Libby has a job she is pumped about. You are going to be great at it!
Love you and can't wait to see you in less than a month!!