Saturday, June 7, 2008

Friday Night in Anderson!!

People think Anderson is such a boring town...I beg to differ. Last night was pretty sweet. Libby and I went downtown Anderson with some friends to a free concert put on by Jon McLaughlin. Kinda funny story - back when I started at AU, I was down in the basement of Dunn doing my laundry and sitting there waiting. Then this dude comes in on roller blades to do laundry and he's just sitting there. He says since we're there, we might as well get to know each other. He says, "I'm Jon" - no big deal, we're just chillin waiting on our underwear to dry. Later that night, there is a concert for freshmen orientation - who's playing? This dude that was in the laundry room! I was laughing cuz I had no clue who he was. Then we kinda got to know each other through dativus and such...but I thought it was really cool to get to see him play again and now he's big time. Kinda weird, but also very cool.

Then we came home and the Pressley's and Joel came over to hang out during the horrible storms. It was a great time. We played Cranium (which is one of my favorites) and we laughed a whole lot. Mainly because Marisha says some fun stuff....I think when her and Libby are together, it makes for a good laugh. But I was excited to get to spend time with them, they are a great couple and a lot of fun to be around.

Right now Libby is watching a 94 year old lady take a nap - I bet she's having fun! But I need to be working on my message! Tomorrow is our last Aftershock (our youth service) for the summer...so I want to end on a really good one. Anyway, here are a few pictures from last night. I took a picture of a guy that truly represents Anderson in it's finest...enjoy.


No comments: