Wednesday, October 29, 2008

I'm here.

It has been too long since I have said hello to the blog world. My husband has been filling up our blog with lessons he has been learning and the thoughts swirling in his head. I thought it time to say hello again. I don't have time to upload any pictures to make this post cool because I am really supposed to be grading some journals, math homework, and reading questions. I think I am procrastinating. The house is quiet because my amazing husband (who works so hard at his job!) is hanging out with our church's youth group tonight. I don't always go to youth on Wednesday if it has been a long day at school with my own eighteen squirrely children. I can't believe the first grading period is through for my fifth graders. I had parent/teacher conferences last week before fall break. I was pooped and yes, I did have two awful kanker (sp?) sores because of the stress which Gabe announced. Yet, through all of the work and overtime I do for my kids, I absolutely love going to school and being around my students. For fifth graders, they say funny and weird things that crack me up each day. They know how to take a little sarcasm and we are connecting more than I ever thought we would. My brain gets a constant workout everyday too as I am making hundreds of decisions and tending to the needs and questions of eighteen busy bodies. My brain likes it. I hope it will keep me sharp for years to come.... :)
For the month of October, Gabe and my weekends were b-u-s-y. It seemed like we didn't rest. I am proud to say that not much is happening this weekend for which I am extremely grateful. I hope to just be home (I love my home!) , work a little, have people over for dinner, drink a whole cup of coffee from a real mug instead of a travel mug, sleep in, make a pumpkin roll, and have free time to myself. Maybe I will get those things in.....just maybe. For now, I will settle on the couch with hot chocolate and grade my ever-growing stack of scribbly papers.

No comments: