Saturday, November 1, 2008

Just a Glimpse

I apologize in advance if this blog makes no sense. I threw my back out I think, and it hurts really bad so I took some pain killers that make me really drowsy. But my heart is full, once again. I am full of joy because I feel like God is continually teaching me new things and I see His hand on my life more and more...how could I not find joy in that? When we seek Him, we experience His blessing and when you begin to learn more about Him and draw closer, you can't but want to share it with people. So I pray what I'm about to write makes sense :-)

I was reading in Exodus 33 when God tells Moses that He is going to meet with him. But as He passes by, He will put His hand over Moses' face to protect him. Then, as he passes by, He will remove His hand so Moses can catch a glimpse of God.

This passage grabs my attention. Moses told God to show him His presence. How often do you seek out God's presence? How often do we sit at the foot of the cross and cry out "HOLY HOLY HOLY!!!" We get caught up in the daily grind of things and we miss our chance to be in the cleft of the rock to experience God. We have this opportunity to know God. Let me rephrase that, God wants us in relationship with Him, to know Him, to seek Him...to love Him. He is right there waiting, He goes before us, His glory shines around us. But you have your back to Him, you miss Him completely! Do you truly want to experience God? Then what does your life look like? What choices are you making to experience His presence?

Obama can not save our country, Biden can not save our country, McCain can not save our country, Palin can not save our country. Until we as the body seek God, we can not save our country. 2 Chronicles 7:14 "if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land"

God promises to heal our land! But too many of us are getting so wrapped up in politics and what each candidate is saying that we look to them as our savior. Why have we taken God out of the picture? I'm not one of those "Jesus for president" guys - but I am a "Jesus is Lord" guys and I pray that I will continue to seek God's presence in my own life, that I will humble myself before Him. I believe that if the body makes this their prayer, that a revolution will finally take place in this world!!! Why has this been lost in the mess of the world? I pray that this message reaches atleast one person...that this message will get passed on and spread like wildfire and that it is finally caught by the church.

What this country needs is a glimpse of God. For Him to pass before us to catch JUST A GLIMPSE of Him. How can you truly say you've caught a glimpse of God and your life not be changed? Take a moment, be still, be quiet and let God show Himself to you today. Join me in prayer for our own lives. God has not left us, but we seem to have left Him. Humble yourself and pray, catch a glimpse of God and let's be the people that are used by God to heal this land.

1 comment:

larryboy said...

Gabe - your comments are timely and, unfortunately, too often ignored. We humans think is is expedient to listen and read other sources for "truth", all of this to our own detriment. Knowing God requires our reading His Truth so we can be on His side, not assuming He is on our side. We need to be on His side. Our egos and anger with others blind us to really seeing His truth and enjoying His fellowship as He so desperately wants. How quickly we forget 2 Corinthians 10:3-and following... "for though we walk in the flesh, we do not war according to the flesh, for the weapons of our warfare are not of the flesh, but divinely powerful for the destruction of fortresses....