Wednesday, February 18, 2009

The finale of the bus situation

I think our bus problem is over. After I wrote that previous entry, I got a guy's number from the Bridge that Chris Mishler told me to call. I called this guy, Andy Drummond, and he told me that he works with Best Way Disposal (a garbage company in Anderson) and he has 1 other unit that he's in charge of. Check this out - his unit is in Kalamazoo, Michigan - where is the bus stuck at? Kalamazoo, Michigan. Oh God, how I love your sense of humor. Andy called up there to see if they could do anything and their mechanic just happened to be on vacation. So I get that bad news and start to move forward with something else, when I get another call from Andy Drummond that goes something like this...."Gabe, the manager up there heard what I was calling about. He said he was going to send his guys over and fix it" I had a little hallelujah break down and was dancing...not literally, but I was amazed once again. Can this story can get any better?!? It actually does. The past week and a half or so, I've had some great alone time with God. When you really encounter Him and experience Him the way I have been lately, it's hard not to want to! This whole experience turned from a bad situation into what seems to be a life changing one for me atleast.
Now the ending: I get a phone call this morning, it's Andy. The crankshaft was broken (if you know what that means, I'm proud of you, cuz I don't) and the slack adjustor was not in alignment (I DO know what that means! So I'm proud of myself for that one). Anyway, Best Way up there towed it to their place, fixed everything and I get the call this morning that they are on their way down to Anderson with the bus!!! ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?! I was going to be planning a day where I drive to Michigan to pick it up!!! Wow.
I'm sure this is so much more powerful to me since I'm the one actually experiencing it. I hope I've written this well enough for you to understand and be able to put yourself in the situation to see how everything was out of my hands. If I had control of the situation, how much more stress would be in my life? How angry would I have gotten over things? Instead, when we let go of things we have no control over and just sit back and watch God at work, we are mesmorized by His awesomeness.
It got me thinking back on my life and experiences with God. Can I see His awesomeness? I know that's probably not the right word, but there's no perfect way to describe Him. I feel like if we have never seen God in His glory and to any potential "awesomeness" then I fear that maybe we have missed him, or we may never have really experienced Him. Our eyes are closed too many times to the beauty of God around us.
I used to think the only way I could really encounter God was when I was out in nature, because it was all He created and I could see His hand in everything. I never would have thought in my whole life that my greatest encounter, my greatest vision of God in my life...would be on a bus.

1 comment:

crossn81 said...

This has been quite the story. Thanks for sharing it!