Monday, March 9, 2009

As of lately...

I love that it is 7:15 and it is still light out. Spring is on its way here in Indiana, and I cannot be more thrilled. Gabe told me it was my turn to update our blog; I am sorry for the delay! Life has been busy, busy, busy for me, and I just didn't find the time to write on here. This has the potential to be boring, but I thought I would tell you all what has been happening in our lives lately.
  • I have learned the basics of making jewelry. Well, I have actually only made earrings, but I am still proud of myself. My two great friends Kylee and Marcia are amazing at making jewelry, and I have learned from them. A great hobby for me!
  • My sister and her husband, Joe, are going to Montana this summer once again. They are working at a family camp out there all summer! God is so faithful in their lives.
  • Gabe's brother Joe and his family moved back to South Africa in February. We were able to spend a few months with them home which were completely wonderful. It was hard to see them go, but Gabe and I know that God has amazing things planned for them in Africa.
  • We watch one TV show a week together....religiously. The Biggest Loser. Neither of us had seen this show before, but now we are hooked each Tuesday night at 8:00.
  • Since watching Biggest Loser, we both have been more motivated to be aware of our health. We are eating better and getting more exercise! It's great to be motivated together!
  • Each Thursday night, we head into our church office to participate in Financial Peace. You've probably heard of Dave Ramsey, the financial gu-ru. Along with four other couples, Gabe and I learn a TON about getting our fiances in order and how we can get out of debt and stay away from it. It has been so beneficial for us.
  • Last Wednesday night, we had the youth group over to our house for a game night. Wow. We had 35-40 people in this house. If you have ever been here, your eyes are probably wide. All went well except a child's soda exploding on the walls and doors in the living room without him knowing about it. Hmmm...how does that happen?
  • I LOVE being on the Experience Team at church. We are a team that works behind the scenes to create an atmosphere for each church service. We work on art pieces on the stage, in the hallways, and as people enter. I get to go to a big conference at Willow Creek in June and am totally pumped about getting more involved.
  • We are getting excited to go on a Spring Break trip with our dear friends, Phil and Kylee. It is less than two weeks away! Hooray!
  • I spent this past Saturday in Ft. Wayne at Jefferson Pointe with my mama. She is amazing and we needed a day together. Shopping and talking is what we do best. She is one of my closest friends.
  • I am learning tons as a teacher. God is teaching me to totally rely on His strength each day and ask for wisdom. I try too hard to do it all on my own. I have fallen down flat often in this job, but He is so unfailing to me. I love teaching, but it isn't always easy, and I think that is good for me. I need some challenges. :)
  • I am going to read the "Twilight" books over Spring Break. It's my goal at least.
  • Tomorrow is March 10th. Gabe and I will be married for ten months tomorrow. How did it go this fast?
  • We love our small group at church. We meet every other Sunday night with our close friends and study the Word, discuss its meaning, pray, drink iced tea, and laugh. We are blessed to have found wonderful friends.
  • Gabe and I find a date night at least once a week and look forward to that time together. When we got married, the common advice anyone gave us was "Keep dating each other". We have taken hold of that advice, and it has brought us so close. We watched Slumdog Millionaire the other weekend. See it....you will LOVE it. I am so glad it won all of the awards. Such a story of hardship, faithfulness, and complete redemption. Mmm. Powerful stuff.
  • Besides being together, Gabe and I have taken advantage of "boy" and "girl" nights. Right now, Gabe is playing "Settlers of Catan" (yay Austin Rampey!) with a bunch of his friends. I love that we have those close-knit groups of females and males.

God sure has been good to us. We just took a walk today and talked about what we are thankful for in our life together. There is so much. We're definitely looking for how God will mold us and grow us in this spring season. Enjoy your day!

4 comments:

Jen said...

OMG!!! You will LOVE the TWILIGHT series!! Gabe better watch out--Edward is quite the dreamy guy! ;) The movie comes out on March 21st so maybe you should at least get to reading the first book now so you can watch the movie! I'm a total Twilight junkie...I'm obsessed. You should be able to get through the first book pretty quickly--I'm a slower reader and I was able to get through in about 2 days. Let me know how you like it!

Jen said...

I meant to say that Edward will haunt your thoughts...lol!

The Catheys said...

Good update Libby! It sounds like you guys are doing great:) So good to hear!

Kristen said...

Hi sweet Lib...
It is so fun to read about your life right now. It sounds like it is wonderful and I'm so glad you are finding joy in work, marriage, ministry, and life in general.
I LOVE the biggest loser...my roommates and I watched it religiously every Tuesday night last year too... I miss it.
I miss you way more, though. :)