Thursday, December 18, 2008

Christmastime is here....

I cannot believe it. With only a couple days until I am on my Christmas break, we have had two days (Wednesday and Thursday) cancelled due to ice on the road! I had all of these wonderful activities to do with my fifth graders. The weathermen are calling for a big ice storm in central Indiana tonight, so we will see if I go to school tomorrow. And we were supposed to make gingerbread houses too....
We have not updated lately, and that has been my fault! It has taken me so long to get the pictures off my camera and on to our computer. This is a quick look at some 'holiday happenings' at our home. We both LOVE this time of year and have had so much fun being married for the first time during the holidays!


Joe, Natalie, Ezra and Keziah came home from Africa on Thanksgiving! It was so awesome to spend time with them. Keziah is so beautiful!

Ezra loves his time with Grandpa!

Gabe and I are in the car going to cut down our first Christmas tree together! We were so excited to start our own traditions!


We found our beauty of a tree! A 5'2" Douglas pine....we searched for awhile for just the right one!

Happy and in love....








They had a cute sleigh out front of the tree farm and the lady inside insisted we take a picture together, being our first Christmas together and all. I love this one.


I forgot to take pictures while we decorated the tree, but here is the finished project! We made homemade pizza (thanks Elise for the dough recipe!) and rearranged our whole living room to show off the tree. It smelled so great.



My sweet friend, Marcia, and I planned a holiday party for all of our friends from the Bridge last weekend! We had everyone come over to our house to have dinner together! My aunt and uncle gave us their kitchen table this fall and I finally was able to put in the four leaves to make it seat twelve people! I didn't get lots of pictures from the night, but here are a few before our friends ate their wonderful dinner!



We want to make this holiday party a tradition for our friends. There were about 15 of us this year.....I wonder how many more we could have next year!

Phil and Kylee.....beautiful friends inside and out. We love them!
Chris and Rachel......they are going to be parents soon and adopt four children into their home!

David and Marisha......just as sweet as their amazing homemade Alabama ice tea! :)

I feel better now that I have updated the blog world....or maybe just a couple friends on the Christmas happenings in our life. There is much to come and much to celebrate. Joy to the world!

2 comments:

crossn81 said...

That tree farm rocks and I love the way your house and tree sparkle and shine! Look forward to seeing you guys soon!!

Jen said...

Your pictures make the tree and your house look so bright!! I want to see more pictures of your finished product of your house after a few feminine touches you've added, Libby! :)