Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Rivers and Floods

Indiana is finally getting some storms that we needed and we got a decent amount of rain the other day. But I was thinking about what it would be like if we flooded. The rain just continually comes and creates all of this damage and wrecks many lives and destroys homes. I also live by the river. The river flows and does it's thing. There is a purpose to a river. The river flows to a destination and creates a way for people to get somewhere with the current that it provides.

They are both bodies of water but there is a difference - focus. As a leader, the goal is to channel people, time, energy, money to one clear vision. Being in leadership, I can see the value of being like a river. I also see the destruction of being like a flood. Many leaders today act as floods, they have their position and they sit and all it does it create damage. We need to look at our lives as rivers and know what we are trying to accomplish and help lead those around us to that goal.

Not a life update really, just was sparked by a leadership challenge and thought I would share.

1 comment:

Phylee said...

I like the new look!