Thursday, July 24, 2008

summer evenings...

Gabe and I had a date night tonight. After a good dinner....even though I made lumpy mashed potatoes, Gabe said to me, "Libby, we need to get out. Let's have a date night!" We hopped on our bikes and rode for about 7-8 miles around the countryside of Anderson. It was awesome....we talked and talked. It's amazing how much we can talk about when we ride together....the conversations just flow. Then, we headed to Ritter's and had a little ice cream while sitting outside on a bench. I love how light it stays outside even when it is nine o'clock at night. Now, we are home and I think I have convinced Gabe into watching Shall We Dance with me for a little relaxation together. I told him he would like it; I hope I am right. How sweet it is to be married to my best friend.....I love him.

2 comments:

MJUnderwood said...

Love the new look, Libby! Can't wait to see you guys.

Jen said...

Your blog picture is by far the best one! I love it! It's so perfect that it reminds me of one of those staged pictures that you see when you buy a picture frame for wedding photos...great description, huh? ;) I wish you the BEST of luck on your new teaching job (i.e. meet the teacher night, and especially the FIRST day of school!!!) You'll have to let me know how it goes. Love you!